Bread dumplings are an easy-to-make and very tasty dish. The simplest set of products will help you prepare an original dish for your family.
If you have stale yesterday’s bread, then it’s time to make hearty dumplings from it. Use white bread or a loaf for this, you will also need eggs, herbs and a little milk to soften stale bread. Dumplings do not require an additional side dish, just complement them with fresh vegetables or any sauce – sour cream or ketchup.
- Bread – 300 g.
- Chicken eggs (large) – 1 pc.
- Milk – 100 g.
- Parsley – 3 g.
- Onion – 40 g.
- Vegetable oil – 20-25 g.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Cut the bread into small cubes, you can not cut the crusts. We recommend using a white wheat loaf.
2. Put the bread cubes in a bowl, pour over the milk. Leave for a couple of minutes, then mash to break the pieces into a crumb. If the milk has not been completely absorbed, wring out the bread and drain off the rest of the milk.
3. Beat a chicken egg into the bread crumbs – it will bind the crumb.
4. Salt and pepper the bread mass to taste.
If desired, add other spices to your taste. Bread goes well with Provencal herbs, paprika, basil or cumin.
5. Peel the onion, cut into small cubes and fry until golden brown in a pan with vegetable oil.
6. Pour the fried onions into the bread mass, mix all the ingredients.
Fried onions will make dumplings more fragrant.
7. Chop finely washed parsley.
8. Pour the chopped greens into the bread blank and mix the mass. You can use dill instead of parsley.
9. Make round dumplings with oiled hands and cook in boiling salted water for 1-1.5 minutes.
Serve the finished dumplings from bread immediately to the table. Tender and melt-in-your-mouth dumplings will please every1.