A hot dog is a hot bun with sausage and ketchup. Everyone loves such a dish, which is why it is sometimes so difficult to resist when you walk past the Stardogs kiosk, where they sell it. A hot dog is a fast street food, fast food (English), and if you cook it at home, it will turn out to be more useful. Here you will use the freshest and most proven products, you have no doubt about their quality.
There are a large number of cooking options and recipes. Let’s cook a delicious and unusual Danish hot dog today. Along with the classic ingredients – sausages and sauce, you will need pickles and onions. Onions are not simple, but breaded from flour. Crispy and juicy onions inside are a great addition to any dish, and even more so for a hot dog. Rolls for the dish can be easily bought at the store or you can use a regular baguette by cutting it into portioned pieces as long as sausages.
- Hot dog buns – 2 pcs.
- Milk sausages – 2 pcs.
- Pickled cucumbers – 70 g.
- Onion – 70 g.
- Vegetable oil – 40 g.
- Flour – 1 tbsp. l.
- Ketchup – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Greens – to taste.
How to cook
1. Peel the milk sausages from the packaging, put them on a dry frying pan and fry until golden brown, turning on medium heat. Sausages are fried quickly – 1-1.5 minutes.
2. In the same pan where the sausages were fried, lightly dry the hot dog buns to become warm. The bread will be more flavorful and crispy. Remove the buns from the fire.
3. Peel the onion, rinse if necessary, cut into half rings.
4. Sprinkle the onion with flour, breaded on all sides.
5. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion until golden brown. Onions will turn out appetizing and fragrant.
Onions can be laid out on paper napkins to remove all excess fat.
6. Cut pickles into thin circles for a hot dog.
7. Cut the rolls in half with a knife, grease the inside with ketchup, lay out the sausages.
8. Add some mustard and spread the pickles evenly.
9. Spread all the fried onions on top.
10. Pour hot dogs with mayonnaise and add any greens if desired.
The dish can be served immediately to the table. In a matter of minutes, it turned out to be an excellent snack that can be prepared for any friendly feast or just a snack.
Enjoy your meal!