Broccoli with mozzarella in the oven is very easy to prepare, and it is advisable to serve the dish immediately from the oven – until the cheese has had time to harden and stretches with appetizing threads.
In addition to the main products, you can also add any sauce that you like more, or limit yourself to sour cream. Garlic will add a bright characteristic aroma, as well as herbs – here the list is quite large. You can use dried basil, oregano, thyme, but it is very important not to overdo it with the amount. The taste of broccoli is very delicate, it is easy to interrupt it with additives.
- Broccoli – 320 g.
- Sour cream – 45 ml.
- Mozzarella – 120 g.
- Salt – 3 pinches.
- Dried herbs – 1 pinch
- Fresh herbs – 2-3 sprigs (for serving).
How to cook:
1. Prepare all the necessary products – cabbage can be either fresh or frozen. In the second case, no preliminary manipulations need to be carried out, but used as is. Also measure the right amount of sour cream (or sauce based on it).
2. With a sharp knife, separate the broccoli florets from the stem, especially large ones can be cut into 2-3 parts. Send in salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes.
3. Cut the mozzarella into thin slices or grate if possible (the product is dense enough for this).
4. Throw broccoli in a colander and rinse with ice water.
If you want the vegetable to turn out more dense, al dente, you can take it out of boiling water a couple of minutes earlier.
5. Transfer the cabbage to a rimmed dish – not necessarily too high.
6. Lubricate each inflorescence with sour cream – the fat content of this product can be any.
If you decide to use garlic, you can pass it through a press and mix with sour cream. Or you can cut the cloves into slices and put directly into the mold. Garlic will give the cabbage its flavor.
7. Place slices of mozzarella on top of the cabbage inflorescences, sprinkle a little with dried herbs. Since the baking time is short, there is no need to cover the dish with foil.
8. Place the mold in a hot oven and bake at 170 degrees for 12-15 minutes. After the end of baking, transfer the vegetable from the form to the plates and serve.
Each serving can be garnished with fresh herbs or fresh vegetables.