Bulgarian zucchini is one of the types of canning pickled zucchini with mustard seeds, clove buds, black and allspice peas. Spices with sweet and sour marinade give vegetables a pleasant aroma and interesting taste. Preparing such a pickled snack is not difficult: zucchini is put in a jar of spices, poured with boiling marinade, sterilized for 10 minutes, and then rolled up.
- Young zucchini – how much will go into the jar.
- Mustard grains – 1 tsp.
- Black peppercorns – 5 pcs.
- Allspice peas – 5 pcs.
- Carnation buds – 2 pcs.
For the marinade (per 1 liter jar):
- Water – 425 ml.
- Salt – 15 g.
- Sugar – 90 g.
- 9% vinegar – 75 ml.
How to cook:
1. First of all, it is necessary to prepare a jar in which we will preserve zucchini, it must be washed well with soda and boiled over steam, after which black and allspice peas, clove buds and mustard seeds should be placed on the bottom.
2. Wash young zucchini thoroughly under cold water, cut off the tail and cut into circles with a diameter of approximately 2 – 3 centimeters.
3. Sliced zucchini slices are tightly packed in a liter jar.
4. Then we prepare the marinade, for this we pour water into the pan, add salt, sugar and vinegar, mix the liquid thoroughly and boil.
5. Gently pour hot marinade over zucchini.
6. We cover the jar with an iron lid. We take a saucepan, lay a kitchen towel on the bottom, pour warm water, put a jar of zucchini and sterilize from the moment the water boils for 7-10 minutes.
7. After the zucchini is sterilized, carefully take out the jar and roll it up. We turn the jar over and wrap it up until it cools completely.
We take out the cooled jar of zucchini in Bulgarian style for storage in a cool place. Such preservation can be stored in the basement or cellar for up to three years.
Enjoy your meal!