Salad “Tourist Breakfast” for the winter is a universal preparation that simply must be stored in the pantry. By the way, each culinary specialist can have his own “crown” recipe for harvesting – it can include not only rice, but also beans, lentils, pearl barley. If you add pickled cucumbers here, then a few tablespoons of such a blank can be sent to the pickle. In hiking or outings in nature, such a salad is simply irreplaceable – tasty, satisfying and simple.
- Tomatoes – 500 g.
- Sweet pepper – 200 g.
- Onion – 250 g.
- Carrots – 200 g.
- Rice – 120 g.
- Vegetable oil – 100 ml.
- Salt – ½ tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
- Table 9% vinegar – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Peel the onion from the husk, wash and chop into small cubes.
2. Peel the carrots with a vegetable peeler, then grate on a coarse or fine grater. If desired, you can chop the vegetable into small cubes.
3. Pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into a hot frying pan or saucepan. Fry over low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring with a spatula.
4. Wash the tomatoes and cut into small pieces.
5. Transfer the roast with tomatoes to a saucepan (or leave in a saucepan). Send rice washed in several waters there. Pour in 200 ml of water, vegetable oil, mix and simmer over low heat under a lid.
6. Rinse sweet pepper, remove everything superfluous from the inside, cut off the stalk. Chop the vegetable into small thin strips.
7. After 7 minutes, send the pepper to the pan.
8. If necessary, pour in more water and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, remembering to stir.
9. Pour salt, sugar and table vinegar into the pan. Mix everything again and simmer for another 5 minutes.
10. Preservation jars should be thoroughly washed and sterilized for at least 15 minutes. Arrange the finished snack in jars to the very top, immediately roll up with sterile lids.
11. Turn the jars over, let them cool in this form, and then rearrange them in a place where they will be stored all winter.
Enjoy your meal!