Cabbage “Pelyustka” with beets always turns out very crispy and tasty. Cooking it quickly, it is most convenient to do this procedure in a glass jar with a volume of 2 liters. If there is makitra for this purpose, then it will do.
When choosing white cabbage on the market, you should opt for one that will be without visible black spots, rot and with fresh, not soft leaves on top. In order for the vegetable to come out crispy, it is necessary to add the usual 9% vinegar to the marinade. Also, when buying beets in a store, it is better to take one that is not large in size. Beets can be boiled in advance or used fresh. Thanks to the boiled vegetable, the cabbage pieces will color more quickly and will be much brighter in color.
- White cabbage – 1 pc.
- Boiled beets – 2-3 pcs.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Carrots (medium-sized) – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Purified water not from the tap – 1 liter.
- Salt – 2 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 2.5 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar 9% – 100 ml.
How to cook:
1. Remove a couple of layers of top leaves from white cabbage. Now rinse the head of cabbage under running water. Cut the vegetable into large cubes. To make this procedure convenient to do, it is imperative to use a large and sharp knife.
2. Peel all prepared vegetables. Cut the onion into half rings, grate the carrots on a coarse grater, cut the garlic and beets into arbitrary pieces.
3. In a jar, put all the chopped vegetables in turn, alternating them with each other and repeating layers in the future until it is full.
You need to press vegetables only if they do not fit in the right amount in a jar.
4. Pour water into a saucepan. Next, add salt and sugar, pour in vinegar. Bring the marinade to a boil, stir it so that the loose dissolves completely.
5. Pour the marinade into the jar of vegetables.
6. When it cools down, cover the top of the jar with a nylon lid.
7. Send the cabbage for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Although already on the second day it can be safely served at the table.
Cabbage goes well with all meat dishes and any side dishes.