Cabbage rolls in Polish is an excellent and quite satisfying dish that can be made not only for dinner, but also for the festive table. They combine perfectly with any side dishes, but since rice is added to the minced meat, you can not cook the side dish at all.
When buying cabbage, it is now better to buy a young one, since the old white cabbage is already quite dense and the cabbage rolls from it will turn out to be not so tender in taste. When choosing minced meat, it is better to buy meat in a whole piece, and then, at home, twist it in a meat grinder. So it will be possible not to worry at all about its quality and the addition of various skins, lard and other things, which I don’t even want to talk about. It is advisable to add rice to minced meat, since it is with such a filling that cabbage rolls are prepared. But, in general, this condition is optional.
You can serve ready-made cabbage rolls in Polish immediately after preparation for the table. However, even a pre-cooked snack is just enough to warm up before serving directly to the table.
- Minced chicken or pork – 300 g.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Baton – 1 piece.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Rice – 50 g.
- Cabbage leaves (it is better to separate them in advance from a whole head of cabbage and boil for 20 seconds if the vegetable is young) – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Starch – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Excellent quality tomato paste – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. So, in a meat grinder, twist a piece of meat, if you have not done so before. Now carry out the same procedure with a piece of loaf, only first soak it in water.
2. Add salt, pepper and now mix everything very thoroughly in a convenient way.
3. Put the tomato paste and starch into the pan.
4. Pour in about 100 ml of water and, stirring constantly, prepare the sauce.
5. Boil the rice until half cooked, send it to the minced meat.
6. Now mix everything very well again. If it is bad to do this procedure in a small bowl, then take a large 1.
7. Put a little meat stuffing on a boiled cabbage leaf.
8. Make a stuffed cabbage by tucking the bottom edge, then the two side ones. After that, just twist everything into a roll.
9. Put the cabbage rolls into the sauce, if necessary, then pour in a little more water. Also add more salt and pepper. Simmer the cabbage rolls for 20 minutes over moderate heat. Don’t forget to stir the sauce occasionally.
Here are such cabbage rolls in Polish!