In the summer, it is quite easy to cook low-calorie and healthy meals. This dish is cabbage baked with meat in the sleeve. For its preparation, it is best to use young cabbage.
Chicken fillet is an ideal meat, as it is skinless and more dietary than pork, for example. However, this does not mean at all that you need to use only chicken fillet for this recipe. You can safely opt for the meat that you like the most to taste.
Of the spices, salt and ground black pepper are suitable, but you can still safely add chopped fresh herbs, a couple of cloves of garlic and bell pepper for a more pronounced flavor. If you add carrots, then the appearance of the dish will come out brighter. Therefore, show your imagination to the fullest, and add those ingredients that are acceptable and loved by you.
Serve the cabbage, baked with meat in the sleeve, to the table immediately after cooking.
- Fresh cabbage – ½ head.
- Chicken breast – 150-200 g.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Wash the meat very well.
If the meat is on the bone, then be sure to cut the bone with a sharp knife.
Cut the pulp into medium-sized pieces.
2. Remove the top layer of leaves from fresh cabbage. Cut the cabbage into large pieces.
3. Put the chopped pieces of meat and cabbage into the roasting sleeve.
4. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. At the same stage, add those spices or vegetables that you decide to add.
5. Now shake the sleeve very well, and then tie it on both sides with special ties. Make punctures with a needle in several places so that the sleeve does not inflate during baking.
6. Send the sleeve with vegetables and meat to the oven for 20 minutes. Set the temperature to 190 degrees.
If you are using pork, then increase the cooking time to 30-40 minutes.
7. Remove the sleeve carefully from the oven, make a cut in it from above, put the cabbage with meat on a dish and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!