Cherry hut cake is an interesting winter dessert. The cake consists of unusual baked “logs” with cherry filling, which form a snow-covered hut.
For the dough, you will need fatty butter with a natural composition. For cream, use sour cream 20%, which must first be weighed. A secret ingredient is used as a cream thickener. You can decorate the top of the cake with melted chocolate, add small white marshmallows.
- Pitted cherries (fresh or frozen) – 300 g.
- Honey – 75 g.
- Butter – 120 g.
- Eggs – 3 pcs.
- Flour – 0.5 kg.
- Sugar – 120 g.
- Salt – 2 g.
- Soda – 1 tsp
- Dry orange peel – 1 tsp
- Sour cream – 800 ml.
- Sugar – 70 g.
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp. l.
- Chocolate, marshmallows – for decoration.
How to cook:
1. Grind the butter arbitrarily, put it together with sugar, honey, salt and zest in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Enter soda, mix. Cool down the mass.
3. Add eggs, beat lightly.
4. Sift the flour and pour it into a bowl in parts.
5. Knead the dough with a spatula. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave the dough in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
6. Form 5 identical balls from the dough, roll them in flour.
7. Roll the balls into a tourniquet.
8. Flatten the tourniquet, spread out the cherries, blind the edges.
9. Lay the tubes seam down on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool down.
10. Put sour cream in a colander lined with four layers of gauze, cover with free ends. Set the colander in a bowl and leave for 6 hours in the refrigerator. Place the weighed sour cream in a bowl, add lemon juice (secret thickener) and sugar. Beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
11. The cream turns out to be thick and keeps its shape perfectly.
12. Cut the tubes in half. Lay the first layer – 4 tubes and cream, then 3-2-1 tubes with cream. Top the cake with cream.
13. Melt the chocolate and spoon over the cake. Leave the cake in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
The cake has a medium sweet taste with cherry and chocolate aftertaste. Dessert can be served with tea or coffee.