Today we offer a homemade version of the Kiev cake for your attention. The cake is very tasty. Delicate weightless nut cakes and sweet cream delicious cream are prepared quite simply, however, they will take a little of your time.
- Chicken eggs – 6 pcs.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Powdered sugar – 150 g.
- Lemon – slice.
- Nut mixture – 2 tbsp.
- Corn starch – 2 + 3 tbsp. l.
- Condensed boiled milk – 5 tbsp. l.
- Milk – 1 tbsp.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp. l.
- Butter – 130 g.
How to cook:
1. The composition of the cake layers includes nuts. It can be any nuts you like. Today we have a mixture of walnuts and hazelnuts. You can take peanuts or cashews. Pre-nuts must be dried in a pan or in the oven, peeled if possible from the skin.
2. Grind the cooled nuts into crumbs in a mortar in portions or using a blender.
3. In a dry bowl, mix the prepared nuts and a few tablespoons of cornstarch, set aside for a while.
4. Prepare cake layers. To do this, you will need to carefully separate the chicken eggs into whites and yolks in two clean containers. I recommend that the protein container be wiped dry beforehand and then walk along the sides of the bowl with a slice of lemon. This process degreases the bowl in which the egg whites will be whipped. Add a pinch of salt to the proteins.
5. Beat the whites with a mixer until the first bubbles appear, then gradually introduce the powdered sugar. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Turn on the oven to heat up to 150 degrees. Gradually introduce nuts into the protein mass, gently mix the dough for cakes with a spatula.
7. Cut a sheet of parchment to the size of the baking sheet. To make the cakes the same size on parchment, you can draw circles by tracing the plates with a pencil.
Lay the egg white on the parchment. From the resulting dough, 3-4 cakes are obtained.
8. Place cake layers in a hot oven and reduce the temperature to 110 degrees.
I recommend leaving the oven door slightly open, inserting a wooden skewer. The baking time for the cakes can be different for you, it depends on the oven and the humidity of the dough, from 40 to 60 minutes.
Remove the cakes from the oven without removing the parchment, leave them on the wire rack to cool for an hour.
9. Prepare cream for the cake. In a ladle, combine milk, three yolks, a few tablespoons of sugar and cornstarch (3 tbsp. L).
10. Brew the cream over low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk so that lumps do not form. Pour the cream into a bowl and leave on the table until it reaches room temperature. Then cover the cream with cling film and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
11. Beat the cooled cream with soft butter, gradually add boiled condensed milk. Remove the finished cream for half an hour in the refrigerator to stabilize.
12. Collect the cake. Put all the cakes in a pile and cut off the protruding edges with a knife. Before you put the first cake, add a few tablespoons of cream on a plate. Add protein cake and grease it with cream.
13. Lubricate the cakes with cream and sprinkle the finished cake or nuts with the remaining crumbs. For impregnation, send the cake for two hours in the refrigerator. Before serving, I recommend that the cake warm up slightly at room temperature, then it will become very soft.