Let’s make Jewish sugar cookies. The flavor of the cookies will give cinnamon, which is used for powder. From the simplest products you will get delicious and fragrant cookies. These cookies are eaten instantly. Probably, many of you remember its taste from childhood. Cookies are shortbread in texture with a crisp sugar crust.
- Wheat flour – 320 g.
- Chicken egg (large) – 1 pc.
- Sugar for dough – 130 g.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Butter – 120 g.
- Milk or sour cream – 50 ml.
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp.
- Vanilla sugar – optional.
- Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling – 2-3 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Prepare cookie dough. Send soft butter to a bowl and pour sugar, a pinch of salt. Vanilla sugar can also be added here. With a whisk or mixer, stir the butter until creamy.
2. Send one large egg and milk (sour cream) to the oil mass.
3. Add the sifted flour and baking powder to the dough, and mix with a spatula, and then with your hand. Do not try to knead the dough too much, just bring it to a homogeneous consistency. The dough turns out quite airy and soft, it is pleasant to work with it. Wrap the dough in a bag and put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the oven on to 180 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment the size of your baking sheet and place the dough on it.
5. It is necessary to roll out the dough directly on the parchment, covering it with a sheet of parchment. Determine the thickness of your future cookies yourself, thicker or thinner. Cut the dough into portioned pieces, rhombuses. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and sprinkle generously over the top of the dough over the entire surface. If you do not like the taste of cinnamon, then use cocoa powder or just sugar.
6. Jewish cookies are baked from 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the finished cookie and immediately go over the marked cuts of the cookie with a knife again to separate the pieces. Cooled cookies are brittle and difficult to cut.
Serve cookies with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.