Cake “Napoleon” from pita bread can be successfully attributed to lazy dishes. After all, you don’t need to bake cakes for it, since thin pita bread is used as their quality. It is enough just to dry it in a pan.
And the preparation of the cream does not require much effort and skills. You only need to cook semolina porridge with the addition of almond petals and vanilla sugar.
- Lavash thin – 12 round sheets with a diameter of 20-22 cm.
- Almond petals – 100 g.
- Semolina – 5 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla sugar – 10 g.
- Salt – 1 small pinch.
- Water – 1 l.
Cooking time: 1 hour. Servings Per Container: 6-8.
How to cook:
1. In a dry frying pan, dry each sheet of pita bread on both sides.
2. These are the cakes for our Napoleon. Grind two cakes into crumbs for sprinkling the cake.
3. Fry the almond petals in a dry frying pan until golden brown and with a characteristic smell of nuts.
4. Pour the almond flakes into the blender bowl. Grind into large crumbs. If you do not use almond petals, but whole kernels, do it a little differently. Pour boiling water over the almonds for 15 minutes, and then peel them. After fry and grind in a blender.
5. Boil water in a saucepan. Pour in the salt.
6. Add almond crumbs. Bring to a boil again.
7. Pour sugar and vanilla sugar. Bring to a boil again. If you want the cream to be sweeter, add another 50-60 grams of sugar. Sugar can be replaced with powdered sugar.
8. And, in the end, add, with constant stirring, a thin stream of semolina.
If desired, you can replace the semolina with infant formula.
9. Boil the cream for 5 minutes, remembering to stir along the bottom of the pan.
You can enrich the taste of the cream by adding the juice of one small lemon and/or lemon zest.
Cool the finished cream until slightly warm.
10. Put one cake on the dish. Lubricate it liberally with cream.
11. Put the second cake on top, lightly press down with your hands and brush with cream too. Thus, collect the entire cake.
12. Sprinkle the top and sides of the cake with pita crumbs.
The cake does not have to be round, you can make it square or even rectangular.
Leave the finished Napoleon cake from pita bread at room temperature for soaking for 2-3 hours. Then refrigerate.