Cake “Napoleon” with custard is very tender, soft, sweet and very satisfying. This sweet is prepared simply, so the recipe should definitely be saved.
The cream is brewed from milk, sugar and chicken eggs. Cake layers are made from dough to which vinegar is added to make them crunchy. Cakes are baked at an oven temperature of 200 degrees for literally 2-3 minutes each. This is all due to the fact that they are thin, which is why they bake so quickly. The cake itself as a whole can be prepared in an hour, or even less.
Serve “Napoleon” is best with some hot drinks, such as tea, cocoa or coffee. It also goes well with any juices, compotes and even milk.
- Margarine – 2 packs of 190 g.
- Vinegar 9% – 2 tbsp. l.
- Flour – 350-400 g.
- Milk – 1 l.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Water – 60 ml.
Cooking time: 1 hour.
1. Pour milk into a saucepan, add sugar, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of flour
2. After that, add chicken eggs and mix everything very well with a whisk or even beat a little with a mixer.
3. Put the pan on a strong fire and, stirring constantly, brew the cream. This procedure usually takes no more than 5-7 minutes. Let the cream cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, put the margarine, which is cut into cubes. Add flour.
5. Then add vinegar and water.
6. Knead the dough with your hands.
7. Divide it into equal pieces. Roll out 1 cake into a thin round layer.
8. Send the layer to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 3 minutes. Thus, bake all the cakes.
9. Spread each cake with custard. Leave one cake for decoration.
10. Grind the cake into crumbs. Sprinkle it over the top and sides of the cake.
11. Let the cake soak for 2-3 hours, and even better 1 day.
Enjoy your meal!