Almost all children and adults love dumplings with cottage cheese. This is a dish that is best cooked at home, because if you buy them in a store, they are very different in quality and taste.
The whole secret of cooking lies in a delicious and tender dough. Vareniki with cottage cheese on custard dough are very tender, juicy and sweet. If you do not really like cottage cheese, then you can safely use any other filling. For example, it can be potatoes, green onions with eggs, cabbage. Or you can even use some berries. For example, feel free to take: cherries, sweet strawberries or sour gooseberries. In general, this dish can be prepared based on the tastes of each family member.
- Egg – 3 pcs.
- Cottage cheese – 150 g.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Sugar – 60 g.
- Boiling water – 0.5 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil – 20 ml.
- Flour – 250-350 g.
How to cook:
1. First, prepare the curd filling. To do this, take a small mixing bowl and beat the egg into it, add salt. Then put cottage cheese in it.
You can use cottage cheese of any fat content, it is best that it be homemade, so the dumplings will turn out to be more saturated and tasty.
Mix well until smooth. Then add the required amount of sugar. Stir again. If the filling is too thick, then beat in the second egg and mix well again. If the cottage cheese is not very thick, then the second egg may not be needed.
2. After that, start preparing the choux pastry. Crack one egg into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and mix well.
3. Add the sifted flour to this egg mass.
4. Then pour exactly half a glass of boiling water. To do this, put a container of water on the stove in advance.
5. Next, knead the dough with your hands. It will practically not stick to your hands, custard dough always turns out to be very elastic and pliable for modeling.
6. Immediately after kneading, roll out the dough into a layer, squeeze out rounds with a glass.
7. Roll out each circle with a rolling pin.
8. Put a small amount of cottage cheese filling on each of the circles.
9. Fasten the edges of the dumpling, then bend them as shown in the photo.
10. Heat a liter of water in a saucepan, add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil. Put the dumplings in a saucepan and boil them for 5 minutes, noting the time after the water boils, periodically stir the dumplings so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan and stick together.
Here are the dumplings turned out!
Enjoy your meal!