We offer to cook fragrant and satisfying breakfast cakes in sour milk with curd filling.
- Goat cottage cheese (cow) – 150-200 g.
- Cilantro – to taste.
- Garlic – 0.5-1 cloves.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Dill and parsley – to taste.
- Green onions – optional.
- Salt – to taste.
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Wheat flour – 300-350 g.
- Sour milk or kefir – 300 ml.
- Salt for dough – 0.5 tsp.
- Soda – 1 tsp
- Butter – 100 g.
How to cook:
1. Prepare the pastry dough. You will need sour milk or kefir at room temperature for this. Pour sour milk into a bowl, add salt (0.5 tsp) and soda, stir with a spoon. The soda will start to react with the sour milk and bubbles will appear.
2. Gradually introduce wheat flour into sour milk and knead a homogeneous and soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with a towel or cling film and leave for 15 minutes. During this time, the dough will become even softer due to the fact that the gluten disperses in it.
4. In the meantime, prepare the filling for the cakes. Use fatty goat or cow curd.
5. Combine the cottage cheese with finely chopped onions or green onions and garlic. Add chopped cilantro, dill and parsley to the filling. Mix the filling in a bowl with herbs and a pinch of salt. If the cottage cheese tastes sour, I recommend adding a teaspoon of honey.
6. Roll out the dough with a sausage, and then cut into pieces. The size of a piece of dough will depend on what kind of cake you want to end up with, small or large.
7. Use your hands to flatten the dough first and add the curd filling.
8. Gather the ends of the dough up and press with your hands. With a rolling pin, gently roll out the cake with cottage cheese thinly. Even if the cake may burst in some places, it’s not scary.
9. Heat a dry frying pan and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Transfer the finished cake to a plate and brush with butter. By this principle, make all the cakes.
Serve the tortillas with cottage cheese warm with tea or any other drink.
Enjoy your meal!