Feeding children with porridge, and even oatmeal porridge, is not an easy task. But only if we are not talking about caramel porridge with popcorn flavor. Such porridge will leave, as they say, flying. At the same time, preparing such porridge is not at all difficult, and in time a little longer than the usual and familiar recipe. The main secret is to fry the oatmeal with powdered sugar. Roasting time affects the intensity of flavor and color of the finished dish.
- Hercules flakes – 30 g.
- Milk of any fat content – 200 ml.
- Butter – to taste.
- Powdered sugar – 20 g.
- Powdered sugar – to taste.
- Salt – a pinch.
How to cook:
1. First of all, the hercules should be washed and put in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
Since the cereal contains gluten, the water will be cloudy a priori, but our task when washing is different. It is necessary to remove the scales, which will certainly emerge because they are lighter than water.
2. If you do not have powdered sugar, then you can simply grind regular sugar in a blender or coffee grinder. In this case, it is better to use brown cane sugar.
3. For three to five minutes, the grits should be fried along with the powder over medium heat. In this case, the oatmeal should become dark, and a recognizable aroma of caramel should also appear.
4. Pour the cereal with milk and send it to the fire again. Cook for ten minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
5. So that the porridge is not too sugary, add a little salt and mix.
6. Vanillin, or vanilla sugar, will give the porridge a recognizable pleasant aroma.
7. Now you need to add a little butter and cook a little more.
Porridge should be served with fresh fruits and berries. By the way, at the final stage of cooking, you can add a little chopped banana to the porridge – it will also turn out very tasty.