Carrots are a healthy, carotene-rich vegetable. But many children do not like fresh carrots at all. In addition, carotene is better absorbed by the human body when combined with fat-containing foods. To make children fall in love with carrots, it is necessary to cook delicious and original dishes from it that can arouse interest in kids. Let’s stop on “hedgehogs” from carrots with semolina.
- Carrots – 2 pcs.
- Manka – 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 g.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Let’s prepare products for carrot hedgehogs.
2. We clean the carrots and rub on a grater.
If you plan to increase the number of servings of the finished dish and carrots need to be processed in much larger quantities, then the grater will be difficult to cope with the task. In this case, it is better to resort to the help of a blender.
3. In order for the carrots in the “hedgehogs” to be tender and soft, it is better to steam them or bake them in the oven after chopping. To do this, grease the form with oil and fill with carrots. Bake at 150 degrees for about 30 minutes. If the vegetable is dryish, then pour a little water into the mold so that the carrots become soft and moist.
4. Then sprinkle carrots with semolina, salt, you can add a little sugar to taste, but in principle this vegetable contains enough natural sugar. Stir and leave to cool on the table, semolina during this time will be well saturated and swell.
5. Roll the balls from the prepared mass and fry in hot oil in a frying pan.
To make the dish more useful, hedgehogs can not be fried, but baked in the oven.
6. We serve carrot balls to the table with sour cream.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.