Casserole “Gentle squid” – a dish that is quite simple to prepare. The basis of it is fresh squid. Boiled rice goes great with shellfish. And fresh fragrant dill and onions give the casserole juiciness and a pleasant taste.
The “Gentle Squid” casserole is a great light dinner, and for fasting people it is a lifesaver. And I also want to note that this dish is all-season, that is, it can be prepared at any time of the year.
- Carcass of freshly frozen squid – 500 g.
- Onion – 1 head.
- Boiled rice – 1 tbsp.
- Dill greens – 5-7 sprigs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Refined sunflower oil – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Defrost the squids, remove the insides and immediately peel them so that the carcasses do not turn pink. To do this, put them in a bowl, fill with hot water and leave for a couple of minutes. During this time, the skin will curl up.
2. Peel the shellfish from the skin and do not forget to remove the gladius from the carcasses – thin cartilaginous plates. Rinse the squid well again under running cold water.
3. Cut the squid into free-form pieces and place in a blender bowl.
4. Peel the onion, wash and cut into cubes. Add to bowl with squid.
5. Grind squid and onion into a homogeneous viscous mass. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Add boiled rice.
7. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
8. Rinse the dill greens, shake off the water and chop finely. Add to bowl.
9. Mix all the ingredients into a homogeneous mass.
Lubricate the refractory form with sunflower oil (0.5 tbsp. L.). Lay out the squid mass, level the surface.
10. Using a pastry brush, grease the surface of the future casserole with the remaining oil.
11. Preheat the oven to 180⁰ C.
Put the mold in the oven and cook the casserole for 20-25 minutes. The finished casserole “Gentle squid” should be well browned on top.
Any seasonal vegetable salad is suitable for this casserole, for example, a salad of radishes and cucumbers.