Casserole “Jean-eggplant” – a variant of a tasty and hearty dish for dinner. Eggplants with minced meat baked in tomato sauce are very tender and juicy. Preparing such a meat casserole with blue ones is very simple: the eggplants are cut into circles, then they are placed in a mold with minced meat, poured with tomato sauce and baked until tender. Simple and delicious!
- Eggplant – 2-3 pcs.
- Minced meat – 0.5 kg.
- Salt, ground black pepper – to taste.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Tomato paste or ketchup – 100 g.
- Water – 150 ml.
- Black or allspice ground pepper – a pinch.
How to cook:
1. First of all, prepare the meat filling for the casserole. Put minced meat (any minced meat can be taken) into a deep container, add grated or ground onion to it. Salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
The stuffing should be juicy. If it gets dry, add some water.
2. From the prepared minced meat, form small meat balls – the filling for the casserole.
3. Eggplants (try to choose vegetables of the same size), wash, cut off the tails and cut into circles, best of all no more than one centimeter thick.
4. Alternately alternating chopped eggplant with meat balls (put a ball on each circle, and cover with another eggplant circle on top), put them in dense layers in a baking dish.
5. Next, prepare the tomato sauce: put ketchup or tomato paste in a pan, pour in water, add salt, sugar and black / allspice ground pepper. Stir and boil for 1 – 2 minutes.
6. Pour the eggplant with minced meat with hot sauce, then put the form with the future casserole in the oven.
7. Bake eggplant for about an hour until fully cooked.
To prevent the eggplants with minced meat from burning during baking, cover the form with foil, and after 40-45 minutes remove it so that the casserole is browned.
8. After the Jean-eggplant casserole is ready, remove it from the oven, sprinkle with chopped herbs before serving.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.