Cauliflower gratin always turns out to be very appetizing in appearance, but most importantly, quite healthy. You can cook it not only for dinner on an ordinary weekday, but also for a festive table.
Since this is not the season for this vegetable, frozen cabbage is suitable. It is sold in any major grocery store. This recipe used homemade cauliflower that has been frozen since summer in the freezer.
If you want to improve the dish a little, then you can safely add, in addition to cabbage, some other vegetables or minced meat in general. So the dish will come out more satisfying and interesting in taste. Serve the finished gratin at the table immediately after preparation, although it is tasty and cold too.
- Cauliflower – 350 g.
- Salt – 3-4 pinches.
- Ground black pepper – 2-3 pinches.
- Flour – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Milk – 100 ml.
- Vegetable oil without a pronounced odor – for lubricating the form.
- Butter – 30-40 g.
How to cook:
1. Pour milk into a Teflon-coated pan, add butter and flour.
You can use the most ordinary ladle or bowl instead of a frying pan.
2. Heat the mass well, and when it thickens, add salt and ground black pepper. Stir. In addition to these spices, you can safely add paprika, nutmeg and other additives to taste.
3. Cauliflower, if necessary, disassemble into inflorescences. Bring water to a full boil in a saucepan, put cabbage in it and cook it for 3 minutes. Then drain the boiling water and put the cabbage in a colander so that excess water escapes from it.
4. Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil (butter is also suitable instead). Put the cauliflower in it.
5. Fill it with prepared milk sauce.
If you wish, then you can additionally grate and hard cheese on top.
6. Send the form with cauliflower to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Determine readiness according to the beautiful crust on top, it should be ruddy.
Here is such an appetizing gratin from cauliflower!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.