Chebureks are not the most useful fast food. A large amount of low-quality oil in which unscrupulous street vendors fry products and the dubious composition of the filling can seriously impair your health and well-being. Therefore, we recommend cooking chebureks at home. The combination of thinly rolled tender dough and juicy chopped chicken fillet filling will not leave anyone indifferent.
The dough for chebureks is cooked in boiling water and it turns out to be very strong, elastic and soft. It reliably retains meat juice and does not break when frying. You can improvise with the stuffing. Additions of onions, garlic, cheese, spices and herbs are allowed at your request. Chicken fillet can be replaced with chicken thigh or drumstick. It is best to fry products in a small amount of refined vegetable oil with a high boiling point.
- Chicken fillet – 180 g.
- Greens (parsley) – 2 g.
- Flour – 300 g.
- Vegetable oil – 23 g for the dough + 50 g for frying.
- Thyme – 1 g.
- Paprika – 1 g.
- Khmeli-suneli – 1 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Chicken fillet cut into small cubes. It is convenient to grind slightly frozen meat. Put the meat in a bowl for the preparation of the filling.
2. Salt, pepper the mass, add spices.
3. Pour chopped herbs, mix the ingredients. The filling is ready.
4. Sift flour into a bowl, mix it with a dry whisk with salt. Make a hole in the center. Pour in vegetable oil.
5. Add boiling water, knead the dough.
6. Roll the dough into a ball, leave it under the towel.
7. Divide the dough into 4 parts.
8. Roll out each part into a thin cake with a thickness of 1 – 1.5 mm. Cover the cake with a plate, cut off the edges with a special knife. Place the filling on one half of the cake.
9. Cover the filling, securely fasten the edges with a fork.
10. Fry pasties over medium heat in hot oil until golden brown.
11. Turn over with a silicone spatula. Continue cooking in the same way.
12. Dry the finished pasties in a paper towel.
The products have an appetizing crispy dough with a layered structure and a juicy filling with the aroma of herbs and spices.