Cherry in its own juice for the winter is an excellent preservation, which it is advisable to roll up in the summer and use those varieties of cherries that have excellent taste. The same recipe is good because it is not complicated and the berries “stand” perfectly all winter and you don’t have to worry about anything. Also, such cherries can be eaten just like that or used as a filling. For example, if you are planning to make pies and don’t know with what, then uncork a jar of berries. After that, put them in a colander and let the excess juice escape. Now just use the berries as a pie filling.
When choosing cherries, be sure to use berries that are not overripe, but not green either. If you wish, then you can remove the bones from each cherry. However, this procedure is not required at all.
- Sweet cherry – 300 g.
- Lemon juice – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Pour water into a bowl and put the cherries. After that, tear off all the tails, wash each berry very well.
2. Be sure to review them so that there are no spoiled ones.
3. Transfer the cherries to a plastic bowl or saucepan so that you can, then cover it with a lid with a suitable size.
4. Pour the indicated amount of sugar and squeeze the lemon juice.
5. Shake so that the sugar is evenly distributed over all the berries and is not only on top, but also on the bottom.
6. Leave the berries for 2-3 hours at room temperature. Shake them periodically. After that, transfer them to a pre-washed and sterilized jar.
7. Put it in a bucket, be sure to put a clean rag or towel on the bottom. Pour water into the bucket so that it is about half the size of the can. Although, if the size of the ladle allows, then it is possible to “on the shoulders” of the can or the “neck”.
8. Sterilize cherries for literally 3-5 minutes. After that, immediately screw the jar tightly with a lid.
If you opted for banks that are rolled up with a special key, then do this procedure carefully, since it will depend on it whether the banks will “stand” all winter.
This is how easy it is to cook amazing-tasting cherries in your own juice. And do not forget that it is necessary to store preservation in a cool and preferably dark place, for example, in a cellar or pantry.