Chicken stroganoff with sour cream is a dish that can be safely prepared on a festive table or on a regular weekday. The meat is very tender and tasty. Due to the fact that it is stewed in sour cream and spices, it “literally melts in your mouth”. You can even serve the dish with ordinary boiled pasta or buckwheat.
- Chicken breast – 1 pc.
- Sour cream – 1 tbsp. l.
- Paprika – 3 g.
- Salt – 4 g.
- Ground pepper – 4 g.
- Butter – 30 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 20 ml.
- Flour – 1 tbsp. l.
- Water – 100 ml.
How to cook:
1. Wash chicken breast and place on a cutting board. Slice it with a sharp knife into long strips.
2. Place butter in a frying pan, add vegetable oil. Put the pan on medium heat and after 15 seconds put the peeled clove of garlic, chopped meat.
3. Fry the meat over moderate heat for 2-3 minutes. It should just change color.
Peel the onion, rinse under running water. Then, with a sharp knife, cut the vegetable into half rings or large rings. Put the onion to the meat, remove the garlic from the pan.
4. Fry meat with onions on average for 5-7 minutes.
Pour water into a bowl, add flour. Mix everything well with a fork or kitchen whisk.
5. Carefully pour the sauce into the skillet with meat and onions. Mix. Simmer for 1-2 minutes over moderate heat all together.
6. Then, in another bowl, combine sour cream (it should not be too greasy) with salt, ground pepper, paprika. Mix.
7. Pour this sauce into the pan with the meat.
8. Simmer for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula.
9. In a separate pan, boil any side dish, for example, pasta. Rinse them under running water. Arrange pasta on one side and beef stroganoff on the other.
Serve the dish hot.
Enjoy your meal!