Many children of “kindergarten” age love chicken cutlets. This is a hearty and tasty dish. You can cook other interesting dishes from chicken. For example, hedgehogs with carrots are a good alternative to boring cutlets. Moreover, if you bake them in the oven, it will turn out even more useful.
- Chicken breast – 300 g.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Salt – 1 g.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Let’s prepare food for the hedgehogs. You can use ready-made minced meat or make this semi-finished product using a meat grinder yourself from fresh meat. The second option, of course, requires more time, but in this case, you can be sure that there are no harmful additives in minced meat and that the product is fresh.
2. We clean the carrots and grate them or break them into shavings with a blender, we do the same with onions. Some people, especially those of retirement age, think that when chopping vegetables with a blender, they become like hard crumbs. However, in our recipe, carrots are subjected to heat treatment (as part of cutlets), so the vegetables in the dish will be soft, they will practically not stand out from the total mass.
3. We combine vegetables with minced meat, salt. Since this dish was intended for young children, they did not add pepper. However, this dish can be quite flavored with spices to taste. We mix the mass.
4. We form small balls and place them in a greased form.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes. After 10 minutes of baking, pour water into the mold so that it covers the meat balls by half. From above, it is better to close the form with foil or a lid so that the “hedgehogs” turn out juicy.