We offer you to cook an amazing recipe for tender chicken liver pate with cream and cognac. Chicken liver is just perfect for pate, its delicate flavor is literally created for this recipe. In addition to the liver, add carrots and onions to the snack, fry the vegetables first and steam them with cognac, the alcohol will evaporate, but the pleasant aroma and taste will remain.
Cream and butter are responsible for tenderness and pleasant aftertaste in the pate, therefore, it is important to choose this part of the ingredients of good quality. You can serve it with different types of bread, you can fill pancakes with pate, you can serve it simply with baked potatoes.
- Chicken liver – 400 g.
- Carrots – 70 g.
- Onion – 70 g.
- Cognac – 30 ml.
- Cream 33% – 60 ml.
- Butter – 100 g.
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
1. Prepare all the products on the list. Use chilled chicken liver, not frozen. Peel vegetables.
Chop the onion into small cubes.
2. Grind carrots on a medium grater. In parallel, put a frying pan on the fire, warm it up, pour in a little vegetable oil.
3. Rinse the chicken liver in a sieve, then boil until tender – 10-12 minutes. You can cook the liver with vegetables and spices. Cool chicken liver.
4. Fry onions and carrots in a pan, just a few minutes.
5. After a while, pour good cognac into the vegetables, stir the vegetables at medium temperature until the cognac evaporates.
If carrots are not sweet, add a pinch of sugar.
6. Pour heavy cream into the pan and heat everything for a couple of minutes.
7. Prepare a blender bowl – shift the liver, vegetables and half the oil.
8. Grind all ingredients at high speed.
9. Transfer the liver mass to a deep plate, add the remaining oil, salt and pepper to taste.
10. Using a mixer, beat the pate for a couple of minutes, so it will be more airy.
Cool the pate and serve.
Enjoy your meal!