Chicken roll with dried apricots is a hearty and tasty snack not only for home, but also for a festive table. Such a dish may well replace store-bought sausage, and, believe me, it will be not only tasty, but also healthy. After baking, the roll must be cooled and sent to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Chicken fillet – 300 g.
- Dried apricots – 100 g.
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp. l.
- Grainy mustard – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Oat flakes – 5 tbsp. l.
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp. l.
- Parsley – 4-5 branches.
Cooking time: 60 minutes. Servings Per Container: 3.
1. For cooking, buy chilled fillets. If the meat is frozen, remove it from the refrigerator in advance and defrost. Trim off excess fat. Rinse the fillets well and pat dry with paper towels. On the side, make a deep incision, only carefully so as not to make a through cut.
2. Open like a book and beat with a kitchen hammer. To prevent the meat from tearing, cover the top with cling film or a plastic bag.
3. Sprinkle with crushed pepper and salt on both sides. Leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes on the kitchen counter.
4. Mix grainy mustard with mayonnaise.
Instead of mayonnaise, sour cream is perfect.
5. Rinse the dried apricots well and dry with a napkin. Cut into small sticks.
6. Brush the chicken meat with the prepared sauce.
7. Rinse and dry parsley or other herbs. Finely chop. Divide over the sauce.
8. Add chopped dried apricots.
9. Gently roll into a roll.
10. Pour the cornmeal into a flat plate. You can use any flour or starch. Bread the roll on all sides.
11. In a suitable deep container, beat the egg and beat with a whisk until smooth. Dip the roll into the egg mixture.
12. Pour oatmeal, which does not require cooking, onto a flat plate. Sprinkle the roll on all sides.
13. Transfer to a baking dish. You can fix it with skewers so that the roll does not unwind during baking. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Bake for 30-50 minutes.
14. Chicken roll with dried apricots is ready. Cool it down to room temperature. Wrap in foil and refrigerate for a few hours to cool down the roll.
Before serving, cut into rings and garnish with herbs.
Enjoy your meal!