If you are tired of everyday recipes, it’s time to cook something more original and tasty. You don’t have to be scared right away, the original doesn’t mean expensive and rare, today’s recipe will be from simple and affordable products, but it will be with a twist – chicken with potatoes in apple juice. This version of the dish can be safely served on the festive table, guests will be delighted.
Apple juice will give both chicken and potatoes a nice warm slightly sweet touch. We will also add apple slices to the recipe itself, it is advisable to choose sweet and sour varieties. Any parts of the chicken will do here, potatoes can be used young or regular. We will also add spices here. Serve the dish to the table hot, piping hot.
- Chicken (fillet, drumstick or wings) – 300 g.
- Potatoes – 3 pcs.
- Sweet and sour apples – 1 pc.
- Apple juice – 1 tbsp.
- Spices for chicken, dry garlic, salt, pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
1. Cut the chicken into medium-sized pieces. You can choose any parts of the bird to your taste. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, dry garlic and spices.
2. Wash potato tubers with a hard washcloth, dry slightly.
Do not cut the skin off the potatoes.
Cut potatoes into large slices.
3. Sprinkle potatoes with dry garlic, spices, salt, ground pepper.
You can use any spices, there are special sets of spices for potatoes.
If there is no dry garlic, you can take fresh – 3-4 cloves.
4. Choose a large, sweet and sour apple. Wash the apple, cut in half, remove the core. Cut the apple into large slices.
5. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side.
6. Add potatoes to the pan with the chicken.
7. Next, transfer the apples to the pan.
8. Pour apple juice into the pan.
9. Cover the pan with a lid, put on a small fire, simmer for 35-40 minutes over low heat.
At the end of cooking, take a sample, serve the dish to the table.
Enjoy your meal!