Each of you must have seen this cookie in the store – simple and unpretentious, the “Ushki” cookie is nevertheless so tasty that it is impossible to tear yourself away from it! However, the best way to please loved ones is not to buy these wonderful cookies, but to cook them with your own hands.
The cookie recipe is quite simple and not intricate, even if you are not particularly friendly with the oven, you will spend no more than thirty minutes of your time preparing the “Ears”.
Cookies made from ready-made puff pastry are crispy and crumbly. It is in many ways similar to its store counterpart, only much tastier, because it is cooked with love!
- Puff pastry – 500 g.
- Sugar – 0.5 tbsp.
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Butter – 50 g.
How to cook:
1. Defrost puff pastry at room temperature before cooking. To prevent the dough from drying out, cover it with a clean towel. Dust a work surface lightly with flour and roll out the puff pastry into a small rectangle. We roll out the dough in only one direction, that is, either up and down, or to the sides, and also not too thin (about 4-5 mm thick), otherwise the finished cookies will not be layered.
2. At the same time, melt the butter and grease the rolled dough with it.
3. Then sprinkle the dough with sugar. The more sugar, the more sugar syrup will be during baking. Cookies will certainly turn out sweet, but not so crumbly. Therefore, if you want crumbly cookies, it is better to put less sugar.
4. After sugar, sprinkle the cookie base with fragrant cinnamon. This is not a mandatory step, who does not have a soul for cinnamon, this item can be skipped.
5. Now we proceed to the formation of cookies, for this we need to outline the middle of the sides (those that are shorter) of our rectangular test. We wrap the long sides to the selected mark. Thus, we got two rolls interconnected.
6. Gently place one roll on top of the other and press lightly.
7. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into pieces of 1-1.5 centimeters.
8. Be sure to lay parchment or thick baking paper on a baking sheet – during baking, sugar syrup will flow out of the cookies and the cookies may burn. Then lay the puff pastry on the parchment.
9. Grease the surface of the cookies with the rest of the butter and, if desired, sprinkle with sugar again.
10. Preheat the oven to 210-220 degrees and bake cookies for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Choose a baking mode based on the power of your oven – before browning, the cookies should rise and they should have a pronounced layered structure.
After cooking, immediately remove the pastry from the parchment, because after cooling the sugar syrup will harden and the cookies may stick to the paper. We wait for the cookies to cool completely and only after that we proceed to the tasting.
Enjoy your meal!