Love boiled corn? Then you probably know how to cook it to make it soft and sweet. And for those who have forgotten, we recall the good old classic recipe on how to cook boiled corn with butter.
It is most convenient to cook corn on the cob, and in order to preserve all its flavor, we will use its own leaves and stigmas. Boiling time depends on the variety. Young bonduelle corn will be soft in 20 minutes, other varieties will cook in about 30 minutes. Salt should be after the cobs are cooked. And it is best served hot, flavored with a piece of butter and salt. Overeat!
- Corn – 4 pcs. (1 kg).
- Corn silk and leaves – 1 large handful
- Butter – 30 g.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Clean the cobs from the upper leaves – as a rule, a lot of dust accumulates on them, so they should be torn off and discarded. But the lower leaves, which fit snugly in the form of a “shirt” to the corn cob, leave them, you do not need to throw them away. These are just the leaves and stigmas that will be used in the future when cooking.
2. Remove the remaining leaves and stigmas, put on the bottom of the pan.
3. Leave the cobs whole or cut into pieces – as you like. Lay the heads on top of the leaves.
4. Fill with cold water and put the pan on the stove, covering the top with a lid. Cook until d1. In this case, bonduelle corn was used, which is cooked for 15-20 minutes. If you have milk fresh corn, then the cooking time will be approximately 20-30 minutes, if more mature, then 30-40 minutes.
5. Remove the boiled corn from the pan, put on a plate. Grease the still smoking cobs with butter and sprinkle each with salt. Enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.