Many people like to serve all kinds of sandwiches and croutons for breakfast, this is not surprising – after all, even a child will not be difficult to prepare such a recipe. Today we will make an unusual and mouth-watering, delicious sandwich, namely, croutons with stewed apples. The recipe is simple, you will understand it right away, but the result is so amazing that you will often cook such croutons for yourself and your family.
Apples choose delicious, sweet and sour. Be sure to add butter and sugar, if you like spicy notes, cinnamon is perfect here. Stewed apples in combination with ruddy slices of a loaf is a real bliss, and if they are served with a cup of aromatic coffee or tea, then you will enjoy such a snack at all.
- Apples – 2 pcs.
- White loaf – 4 slices.
- Lemon – 2 slices.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp. l.
- Butter – 70 g.
- Water – 80 ml.
- Chia seeds – for sprinkling.
1. Cut the loaf into slices, if desired, use the finished sliced loaf.
2. Heat 15 grams of delicious butter in a pan. Transfer the slices of the loaf to the pan, fry on both sides for several minutes, until there is a pleasant golden crust.
If desired, croutons can be made in the oven.
3. Transfer the finished croutons to a plate, set aside while the apples are cooking.
4. Wash apples well, dry. Cut each apple in half, remove the center. Cut the apple into small slices or cubes.
5. Transfer the apples to a clean, dry skillet.
6. Transfer the remaining butter to the pan with the apples.
It is important that the butter be tasty, the taste of stewed apples will depend on this.
7. Squeeze lemon juice into apples.
If desired, you can add lemon zest to apples – this will give a brighter citrus flavor.
8. Add granulated sugar to the pan.
9. Stew apples with water for 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly.
10. Put the stewed apples on the croutons and serve, sprinkle with chia seeds if desired.
Enjoy your meal!