Cucumbers “Awesome” for the winter should definitely be cooked, as they really turn out the same as the name. Cooking them is not difficult, the main thing is to prepare and sterilize the right amount of glass jars in advance. In this recipe, the proportions will be indicated on a 1 liter jar. Therefore, if you need to roll up more vegetables for the winter, you can safely increase the proportions by several times.
When choosing cucumbers on the market, it is better to purchase, of course, homemade vegetables. They should not be too large in size. It is up to you to roll up the lids with a special key or use jars with self-tightening lids, whichever is more convenient, and do it. It is better to store conservation in a special place where it is not hot and where direct sunlight does not fall. In terms of shelf life, I would like to say that such cucumbers can safely stand for more than one season, but for sure a couple. But, since they turn out to be very tasty, most likely you will not have a single jar left by the summer, and you will have to roll them up again next winter. But that’s how it should be, isn’t it?
- Fresh cucumbers – 600 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Dill – 1 bunch.
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Onion – 0.5 pcs.
- Water – 350-400 ml.
- Vinegar 9% – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Peppercorns – 1.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. After you prepare all the ingredients and sterilize the jar, put the peeled garlic and peppercorns on its bottom.
2. Now send onions there, which are cut into half rings.
3. Put the washed sprig of dill on the bottom of the jar. An umbrella will do too.
4. Fill the jar tightly with cucumbers, which must be washed very well.
5. Pour water into the bucket, add sugar.
You can use a stainless steel or enameled bowl instead of a ladle.
6. Pour salt in there.
7. Bring the brine to a boil, pour in the vinegar, mix it with a spoon. Do not send more brine to the fire.
8. Now pour the prepared brine over the cucumbers.
9. Sterilize the jar of vegetables for 6-7 minutes, and then immediately seal it with a lid.
These are the cucumbers “Awesome” came out!