Summer time “requires” summer solutions, and gelatinous cold culinary masterpieces will come in handy at this time. We suggest trying to cook blackcurrant tart – a no-bake dessert based on yogurt and gelatin.
A tarte is an open pie, with a base mostly made from a “light” not very fatty dough. We will not bake it at all, we will take ready-made cookies and butter. Cookies are recommended from the category of “baked milk”.
Important! Biscuits or shortbread cookies will not work.
- Butter – 200 g.
- Gelatin – 4 packs of 10 gr.
- Blackcurrant yogurt – 1 l.
- Cookies – 500 g.
- Cold water – 2 tbsp.
- Currants and mint for decoration – optional.
How to cook:
1. Grate the cookies. Use “large” holes, they will be enough. To speed up the result, take several cookies at once.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave or over a water bath. Do not allow the oil to “boil up”, in no case should it be overheated.
3. Pour the melted butter into the grated biscuits and mix thoroughly with a silicone spatula. You can do it by hand.
4. Pour the mixture into a parchment paper-lined pan. This is easy to do as follows: cover the sides with pieces of strips, and cut a parchment circle to the bottom.
5. Press the mass well to make a “crust” about 0.5-1 cm thick. Make sides about 3 cm high from cookies with butter. It’s not scary if they are uneven. Do not forget to “compress” everything, the mass should not remain loose. Place the mold in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Soak all the gelatin (4 packs) in 2 cups of water. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
7. Put the bowl of gelatin in the microwave for 3-5 minutes and melt the swollen gelatin. It must be completely soluble in water. Cool down.
Important! Do not allow the mass to boil!
Boiled gelatin will not “work” later. To prevent this from happening, stir it every 20-30 seconds.
8. Pour the chilled gelatin into the yogurt container. To be sure that no unmelted pieces of gelatin got into the mixture, strain it through a sieve.
9. Mix thoroughly. Put in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Make sure that the yogurt does not begin to harden ahead of time. If this still happened, slightly melt the mass in the microwave and mix with a mixer.
10. Remove the frozen form from the freezer and carefully pour the yogurt into it. Do this carefully, starting from the middle, so as not to soak the sides. Place the tart in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
11. Take out, carefully remove the sides of the metal form, decorate with mint and blackcurrant.
The cake is best kept in the refrigerator. In the summer heat, such a yogurt dessert is perfectly refreshing. It is not very sweet and light.
Enjoy your meal!