From simple and affordable products in just over an hour, you can cook delicious, hearty pies from quick yeast dough. To cook pies with cabbage and egg in the oven, prepare the necessary products. Wash cabbage, carrots and onions in running water and peel.
- Kefir – 200 ml.
- Sugar – 30 g.
- Salt – 30 g.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Refined vegetable oil – 60 ml.
- Yeast dry fast -acting – 10 g.
- Wheat flour – 400 g.
- Yolk – for greasing pies.
- White cabbage – 300 g.
- Medium carrot – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Refined vegetable oil – 50 ml.
- Boiled chicken eggs – 3-4 pcs.
- Salt, ground black pepper – to taste.
- Dill, parsley – to taste.
How to cook:
1. In a suitable container, we combine kefir, sugar, salt, a loose egg, vegetable oil.
We take refined odorless oil. You can replace it with high-quality margarine, which must first be melted and cooled to a warm state.
Instead of kefir, you can take milk or yogurt and also slightly warm it up.
2. Partially add flour mixed with yeast to kefir and knead the uncooked dough. Transfer it to a bowl greased with oil.
3. We put the bowl with the dough in a plastic bag, cover it with a clean kitchen towel on top and leave it on the table for 30-35 minutes. Now let’s get to the stuffing.
4. Thinly chop the cabbage, after freeing it from the outer leaves and removing the stalk.
5. We cut the onion into strips, we also cut the carrots into thin strips or rub them on a coarse grater.
6. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan, spread cabbage with carrots and onions, transfer to medium heat and simmer with occasional stirring until tender.
7. Pour the boiled eggs and greens, grated on a coarse grater or diced into cubes, into the cooled cabbage. Salt and pepper to your liking.
8. Stir, try again for salt. The filling for our pies with cabbage and egg in the oven is ready.
9. Punch down the risen dough on the table and divide into 12-14 parts. Roll the dough pieces into balls and let them rest for 5 minutes.
10. We form cakes with a thickness of 0.5 cm, spread on each filling and sculpt pies. Lay them seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let them rise in a warm place. Cover with clingfilm or a clean towel to keep it dry.
11. Lubricate the approached pies with loose yolk, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees in a hot oven.
12. As soon as they are well browned, we take it out and transfer it to the wire rack.
Pies with cabbage and egg in the oven are ready. Serve slightly cooled with tea, coffee, milk.