Draniki with mushrooms in a waffle iron is quite simple to prepare. We want to offer you a recipe for lean potato pancakes, that is, there are no animal products in the composition of the ingredients. Fried champignons with onions are added to the potato mass. Dill and parsley fill the dish with fresh notes and add additional flavors.
You can use grill pans like in this recipe or Belgian waffle pans to make these potato pancakes. In our case, potato pancakes are thinner.
- Potatoes – 550 – 600 g.
- Mushrooms – 150 – 200 g.
- Onion – ½ head.
- Wheat flour – 3 tbsp. l. without a slide.
- Dill greens – 2 sprigs
- Parsley greens – 2 sprigs
- Refined sunflower oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Freshly ground black pepper – a pinch.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Wash mushrooms quickly and chop finely.
2. Free half of the onion from the husk and chop finely. Pour 0.5 tablespoon of sunflower oil into the pan and put the onion.
3. Pour the mushrooms into the pan.
4. Fry mushrooms with onions until golden brown.
5. Wash the potatoes with a vegetable brush and peel. Pour cold water into a deep bowl. Grate the tubers on a coarse grater directly into a bowl of water. This is done so that the potatoes do not start to turn black.
6. Leave the potatoes in the water for 5 minutes so that all the starch we do not need comes out.
7. Transfer the grated potatoes to a colander to drain the water. Then squeeze the potatoes well with your hands. To make it more convenient to do this, you can use clean gauze, which will need to be lined with a colander first.
8. Return the squeezed potatoes to the bowl.
9. Add fried mushrooms with onions to it. Wash the parsley and dill, dry, finely chop and also put in a bowl. Season to taste with black pepper and salt. Stir.
10. Add flour and mix well again.
11. Place the grill molds in the waffle iron. When the molds are warm, grease them with a pastry brush with sunflower oil.
12. Put 1.5 tablespoons of potato mass on the bottom form.
13. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the tortilla is browned. Similarly, cook the rest of the pancakes with mushrooms in a waffle iron, remembering to grease the molds with oil.
Serve draniki with mayonnaise, sour cream or tomato sauce.