Duck in honey-apple sauce is most often cooked for the New Year or Christmas. It must be baked in the oven to come out with a beautiful and appetizing crust. Honey and apple sauce will give the meat dish a unique taste and aroma, so all guests will definitely not only admire this yummy, but also ask for the recipe for its preparation.
In order for the duck meat to turn out soft, the duck must be wrapped in foil and baked in the oven at a temperature of 190 degrees for at least 1.5-2 hours. Open the foil 30 minutes before the end of cooking. So the duck will turn out with a spectacular and golden crust. Serve the finished meat dish immediately to the festive table, until it has cooled down. The whole duck will look more beautiful, but you can also cut it into pieces for convenience.
- Duck – 1 pc.
- Apples – 3-4 pcs.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Ground pepper – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Honey – 1 tbsp. l.
1. Wash the duck as best as possible under running water. After that, blot or wipe with a paper towel all drops of excess moisture from the meat. On all sides and especially carefully inside, rub the meat with salt and ground pepper.
You can also squeeze garlic or use ground garlic as additional spices.
2. Put honey in a bowl, grate peeled apples to it. Mix everything well.
3. After that, rub the duck with the prepared apple-honey sauce with the resulting sauce.
4. Transfer it carefully to a baking sheet.
5. Now wrap the duck in foil.
6. Send a baking sheet with meat to an oven preheated to 190 degrees for 1.5 hours. After a specified period of time, carefully unfold the foil.
7. Bake the meat for about 20-30 minutes at the same temperature.
Here is the dish!
Enjoy your meal!