Dumplings “You’ll lick your fingers” do not have such a name for nothing, they fully correspond to it. For their preparation, potatoes, eggs, flour and salt are used. In order to reduce the cooking time of this snack, the potatoes just need to be pre-boiled in advance.
The dough for dumplings can be made in two types, more liquid or steep, like dumplings. The taste of dumplings will vary, so try to cook both. Whichever you like more, those will be cooked in the future. According to this recipe, the dough will be liquid, so you will need to put the dumplings in boiling water with a spoon. They will need to cook for no more than 1 minute. You can serve dumplings “You will lick your fingers” with fried onions, sour cream or a glass of kefir.
- Potatoes – 4-6 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Flour – 40 g.
1. Peel the potatoes with a vegetable knife, cut them into medium-sized pieces, put them immediately in a ladle, fill with water.
2. Add salt. Boil potatoes for 20 minutes, note the time from the moment when the water boils completely. Drain water from boiled potatoes.
3. Cut the onion into small cubes.
4. Fry it in a pan until golden brown.
5. Crush the cooled potatoes with a crush.
6. Add egg, flour to it. Try the finished mass for salt, if it is not enough, then add more.
If you want, you can also add paprika, ground pepper and other spices to the potato mass.
7. Mix the potato mass well with a spoon.
8. Bring water to a boil in a bowl, add some salt. Drop dumplings into boiling water with a spoonful. Boil them for 1 minute.
9. Put the finished dumplings on a dish. Put the fried onion on top.
Here is the dish!
Enjoy your meal!