Cooking an ear from the head and tail of a carp. When the fish itself is fried, the thought of using the remaining parts appears. There are many recipes for fish soup: fishermen’s and homemade. In some, vodka is added, in others, fish pieces are baked. Today we choose the option with potatoes and onions. A rich first course diversifies the daily menu and fills the diet with phosphorus.
- Water – 1.5 liters.
- Carp head and tail – 1 pc.
- Potatoes – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
- Black peppercorns – 10-20 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Black ground pepper – to taste.
- Greens – 30 g.
How to cook:
1. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into halves.
2. Pour water into the pan, put the prepared potatoes and cook for 10 minutes after boiling.
Then add chopped onions. Cook for 5 more minutes.
3. We check the readiness of the potatoes by piercing it with a knife. If this was done with ease, then proceed to the next step.
If the potatoes are hard, then cook them for another 5-7 minutes until soft. Time varies due to different types of vegetables and their size.
When the potatoes are cooked, add the fish parts. We prepare the head and tail before laying: remove the remnants of the scales, if any, wash well. We remove the gills from the head so that there is no bitterness. Some get rid of the eyes.
4. In the re-boiled broth, add salt and spices: bay leaf, peppercorns.
5. Cook the fish for 7-10 minutes. The time depends on the size of the head.
Readiness is determined by the eyes of the fish: if they turn white, then it’s time to turn off the fire.
Serve the ear from the head and tail hot. Put potatoes on a plate. Separately, we serve a bowl with broth. Fish parts can be put side by side on a plate or put in a bowl with broth.
For flavor, sprinkle a portion of chopped herbs: parsley, dill. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.