Easter cake “Finnish” with oranges and candied fruits is prepared according to a very unusual recipe. Its preparation is a little troublesome, but the result will inspire you a lot. Delicate dough with orange flavor – this is exactly the kind of cake you missed on your table on this Bright Holiday.
The advantage of this recipe is the minimum kneading of the dough with your hands, as well as the fact that it will reach in the refrigerator. It is convenient to do all the preparations in the evening, and getting up in the morning, while all the relatives are sleeping, calmly bake Easter cakes. The dough in the refrigerator is not afraid of frequent opening of doors, drafts. This is very convenient, especially if you have a large family.
- Live yeast – 20 g.
- Milk – 70 + 40 ml.
- Sugar – 150 g.
- Orange peel.
- Flour – 500-700 g.
- Butter or margarine – 120 g.
- Eggs – 3-4 pcs.
- Orange juice.
- Raisins and candied fruits – 100 g.
How to cook:
1. All products must be at room temperature. We crumble the yeast with our hands, add sugar, no more than 2 tbsp. l.
2. Stir until smooth, pour in very warm milk.
The mass should be without lumps of yeast.
3. Put in a warm place for 30 minutes. Opara during this time will rise 2.5-3 times, so the bowl should be spacious.
4. In the meantime, let’s do the rest of the test. Combine all the eggs and the remaining sugar.
5. Mix, but do not beat the mass.
6. We introduce part of the flour and the zest of 1 orange. Remove the zest so that the white part of the peel does not get into the baking. The white part is very bitter.
7. Mix flour and eggs, the dough is very liquid. We add the rest of the steam.
8. Pour raisins and candied fruits with warm juice of 1 orange. So the filling will be quickly saturated with juice and will be very tasty. Leave the filling for 20 minutes.
9. Melt the butter or margarine, cool a little and pour into the dough. Knead the dough while adding flour. And leave in a warm place for 30-40 minutes. For this we use the oven. Turn it on for 10 minutes, turn it off and put the dough there.
10. Drain the orange juice, dry the filling a little.
11. Pour 2 tbsp into raisins. l. flour and mix. This will evenly distribute our tasty supplement.
12. Add raisins and candied fruits to the dough.
13. We knead the dough well with a spoon, it will fall off a lot, do not worry. That’s the way it should be.
14. Cover the dough with a film and send it to the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, but you can also overnight. It will grow a lot.
15. Knead the dough, warming it with your hands for 5-10 minutes. We form balls and arrange them in baking dishes. Lubricate ceramic molds with butter, and silicone molds do not require refinement.
16. Set to approach for 1 hour in a warm place.
17. Heat 40 ml of milk and grease the surface.
18. Bake until d1.
Kulich is completely cooled, covered with home-made or purchased glaze. And as soon as the icing has cooled down a bit, sprinkle the surface with multi-colored sprinkles.
Enjoy your meal!