Eggplant caviar for the winter is a delicious snack that is always in great demand in the winter. You can safely just spread such caviar on bread and eat it as a snack, or serve it to the festive table and not even a bit doubt that her guests will not eat it. Most likely, it will turn out that it will have to be added.
To prepare such caviar for the winter, you should purchase eggplants that are not large in size, it is better that they do not have seeds inside. It is best to roll it into jars of 0.5 liters. If you have a large family, then jars with a volume of even 1 liter will do.
Fresh tomatoes are used to prepare appetizers. They can be safely replaced with ready-made tomato paste. If you want the caviar to come out spicy, then you should add ingredients such as garlic and hot hot peppers. Banks must first be thoroughly washed, sterilized in a convenient way. The fastest way to do this is with a microwave oven.
For 1 can of 0.5 l:
- Eggplant – 3 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper – ½ pc.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Tomatoes – 4 pcs.
- Sugar – 1 pinch.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – 1 pinch.
- Vegetable oil – 70 ml.
- Vinegar 9% – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Wash the eggplant thoroughly, cut off the peel with a sharp knife. Now cut the vegetables into medium-sized cubes.
It is undesirable to finely chop the eggplants, since when stewing they will almost double in size.
2. Peel the rest of the vegetables. Cut the onion, tomato, bell pepper into cubes. Grate carrots.
3. Put all prepared vegetables in a pan.
4. Add salt, sugar, ground black pepper to them.
5. Now pour in the vegetable oil. Choose it preferably without an extra smell.
6. Stew vegetables over medium heat, stirring them occasionally for 7-10 minutes.
7. Then pour in the vinegar and simmer them for another 1-2 minutes.
8. Put the finished caviar in a clean glass jar with a volume of 0.5 liters.
9. Now sterilize the caviar for 3-5 minutes and then screw the lid on tightly.
Store eggplant caviar in a dark and cool place.