Eggplant rolls with vegetable filling can be safely prepared without much effort. They turn out to be very tasty and satisfying, despite the fact that meat is not added to the filling, but only vegetables are used.
To prepare such rolls, it is worth buying eggplants that are long, and not round. From vegetables it is worth stopping the choice on onions and carrots. However, in addition to them, you can also add bell pepper and even fresh tomato. If you want the appetizer to be stuffed with meat, then you can use minced meat for this, frying it first.
You can serve ready-made eggplant rolls to the table immediately after cooking. Although, they are quite tasty when cold. On top of the rolls, you can grease with sour cream, mayonnaise or some kind of spicy sauce, for example, garlic.
- Eggplant – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Salt – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 50-70 ml.
How to cook:
1. Wash the eggplant very well and peel the skin. For this purpose, it is most convenient to use a special knife for cleaning vegetables. Cut the peeled vegetable into plates. The thickness of each should be no more than 1 cm.
2. Now salt the plates and leave them for 10 minutes so that bitterness comes out. During this time, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Lay out the prepared eggplant plates. Fry them until nice and golden brown on both sides. Also, this procedure will make the vegetables soft and they can be easily twisted into rolls in the future.
3. In another pan, fry the onions and carrots, which are pre-chopped, namely, grate the carrots, and cut the onions into cubes.
4. Put the fried eggplant plates on the board, put the vegetable filling on one of their edges.
5. Now just gently roll the plate together with the filling into a roll. Do this with all fried eggplants and vegetables.
These original, mouth-watering eggplant rolls with vegetable filling came out!
Enjoy your meal!