Lavash envelopes “Two Cheeses” are an easy and quick snack to prepare. The basis is thin pita bread. The filling consists of two varieties of cheese – hard and suluguni. You can use any hard cheese, it is important that it melts well. For juiciness, sour cream is added to the filling. Lavash envelopes are dipped in an egg-cream mixture and fried in sunflower oil until crispy.
You can make envelopes from Two Cheese pita bread for breakfast, take it with you to work as a snack or for a picnic.
- Lavash thin – 12 sheets with a diameter of 18-20 cm.
- Suluguni cheese – 200 g.
- Hard cheese – 100 g.
- Dill greens – 7-8 branches.
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp. l.
- Large egg – 1 pc.
- Cream 10% – 50 ml.
- Salt – to taste.
- Refined sunflower oil – for frying.
Cooking time: 40 minutes. Servings Per Container: 6.
How to cook:
1. Grate Suluguni cheese on a grater with large holes.
2. Grate hard cheese on the same grater.
3. Mix both types of cheese in a bowl.
4. Rinse the dill greens, dry and chop finely. Add to bowl with cheese. Stir. Taste, salt if necessary.
In addition to dill, you can add parsley or fragrant basil to the filling.
5. Add sour cream and mix again. Divide the resulting mass into 12 equal parts.
Place a sheet of pita bread on a cutting board. Put the filling in the middle of the sheet.
6. Roll up with an envelope.
9. Pour the cream into a deep plate and beat in the egg. Salt a little. Whisk the ingredients with a fork until smooth. Dip each envelope on both sides in the egg-cream mass.
10. Next, heat the sunflower oil in a pan. Lay the envelopes seam side down.
11. When the pita bread is browned, turn it over to the other side and also fry until golden brown.
12. Put the finished “Two Cheese” lavash envelopes on paper towels to remove excess oil.
This appetizer is good both hot and cold. But, nevertheless, it is tastier in hot, while the cheese is soft and deliciously stretches when biting on pita bread.
Enjoy your meal!