For a festive feast, I want to serve not only delicious, but also beautifully decorated jellied meat. We offer a recipe for a dish of chicken breast and pork leg, which is not a shame to serve on the table for any holiday: New Year, Christmas or birthday.
- Chicken breast – 870 g.
- Pork leg – 815 g.
- Onion – 1 pc. (100 g).
- Carrot – 1 pc. (70 g).
- Garlic – 1 small clove (1 g)
- Black pepper (peas) – 6 pcs.
- Salt – to taste, (slightly incomplete tbsp.) 12-14 g.
- Water – about 1.5 liters.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc. (50 g).
- Green dill – 3 sprigs.
- Boiled carrots (from jelly).
Cooking time: 6 hours.
1. Prepare the necessary products for cooking chicken jelly with pork leg.
2. Grind the pork leg over the fire, and then cut it into 2 parts along the joint.
3. We cut off the hooves along the joints. Thoroughly wash both parts of the pork leg under a stream of warm water, while scraping off the upper part of the skin that burned during greasing with a knife.
We place clean legs in cold water so that it completely covers the legs. It is advisable to do this at night. During this time, all the blood will drain from the legs into the water, the jelly will turn out to be transparent. We determine the bowl with them in a cool place.
4. In the morning we start cooking jellied meat. We wash the legs again under running water, and then put them in the cooking utensils. Wash the chicken breast. We do not remove the skin from the breast, together with it we place the chicken meat in a pan to the pork legs. Put all the meat in a cooking pot.
5. Fill with water so that it covers the meat completely.
6. Put the pot of meat on the stove. Bring to a boil. After boiling for 1 minute, drain the water. Remains of foam remain on the pan, which we wash off from the walls.
7. Having also washed the meat, put it back in the pan. We lay out the legs down, and tightly lay the chicken meat on top. Fill the meat with water so that its layer above the meat is formed by about 2-3 cm.
Without covering with a lid, bring the broth to a boil. Immediately, without allowing the broth to boil, reduce the heat under the pan. Remove all the foam with a slotted spoon. Then we close the pan with the future jelly with a lid. We cook the jellied meat on low heat for 6 hours, avoiding a strong boil.
8. 2 hours before the end of cooking, add the peeled onion, peppercorns and peeled carrots to the broth.
9. After cooking, we set aside the jelly from the stove so that it cools down a little. During cooling, all the fat collects on the surface.
10. With a spoon we collect all the fat from the surface of the jellied meat.
11. Now we take out the meat from the aspic, transfer it to a bowl. We remove the onion, and set aside the boiled carrots for decoration.
12. When the meat has cooled down to such a state that it will not burn your hands, we select the bones from the meat. We disassemble the chicken breast into medium-sized fibers in a separate bowl.
13. Strain the broth through gauze, and then salt it. We add enough salt so that the broth is a little salty. This is done because the meat will absorb the salt.
14. Finely chop the garlic. Add it little by little, tasting the broth.
15. A beautiful festive jelly will turn out in a semicircular bowl. At its bottom we lay out flowers cut from boiled egg white and boiled carrots. We also add a few small sprigs of green dill.
16. Now put the meat in the bowl. We put the dark pork meat in the center, on the white flowers from the egg white. On the sides of the bowl lay out the white meat of the chicken breast.
17. Pour the meat in the bowl with salted broth. Put the remaining meat in ordinary bowls, pour the rest of the broth. We put the bowl and vessels with jelly in a cool place to cool. We put the cooled jelly in the refrigerator for further solidification, covering with lids. It usually freezes completely overnight.
18. Before serving, carefully (make sure that water does not get into the jelly) lower the bowl with jelly for 1 minute in hot water. We take out a bowl of jelly from the water, cover with a plate, turn it over.
The dish in the plate is immediately served to the table.
Enjoy your meal!