Let’s make fish salad today. This salad is made in minutes if you have all the ingredients at hand. It turns out a hearty dish, which, if beautifully presented, can be served on the festive table to guests.
- Boiled chicken eggs – 4-6 pcs.
- Onion – 2 pcs.
- Pickled or sour cucumbers – 2 pcs.
- Canned fish in oil – 1 can.
- Homemade mayonnaise – to taste.
- Dill or parsley – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Chicken eggs for salad must first be hard-boiled. To do this, put raw fresh eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Boil the water in the pan, boil the eggs for 4-5 minutes and immediately turn off the heat.
To make boiled eggs easier to peel, pour them immediately after boiling with cold water.
Finely chop the peeled chicken eggs and send to a bowl, where you will then mix the salad.
2. Take a jar of any canned fish in oil for a salad. Mash the fish with a fork and add to the bowl with the eggs. You can use sardine, mackerel or tuna, as in my case. Finely dice pickled or sour cucumbers and squeeze with your hands to remove excess liquid. Add prepared cucumbers to salad.
3. Peel a few onions, and cut into small cubes or strips, fry in vegetable oil.
4. Add slightly cooled onions from the pan to the salad.
5. For dressing, you can use store-bought or homemade mayonnaise. You can also make sour cream sauce for dressing or based on natural yogurt with mustard. Add mayonnaise to the salad to taste and mix the salad. Here, according to your taste, add salt and black ground pepper, chopped fresh dill or parsley.
To serve the finished salad, use a salad bowl with high sides. This salad pairs deliciously with crispy crackers.