If you prefer to eat vegetables instead of meat, then you should take a closer look at this recipe. It is better to cook zucchini in French using the same technology as meat, just not using it. They turn out to be very fragrant, tasty, and, most importantly, quite satisfying. That is why they can safely act as an independent dish.
When choosing zucchini on the market, it is better to give preference to young ones, with a bright green color and not large fruits in size. Hard cheese will suit the one that you like the most to taste. It can be Gouda, Russian and others. Lubricate all layers with mayonnaise or sour cream. From spices, you can use not only salt and ground black pepper, but also other additives. Suitable paprika, dried or fresh herbs, garlic and others.
French-style ready-made zucchini is best served hot, but they are quite tasty cold.
- Zucchini is young and not large in size – 1 pc.
- Fresh tomato – 1 pc.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Hard cheese – 50-70 g.
- Mayonnaise or sour cream – 2-3 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – for greasing the baking dish.
How to cook:
1. Wash all vegetables. Cut the zucchini into circles or elongated plates.
If your zucchini is not young, then first cut off the peel from it using a special vegetable knife.
Put the chopped vegetable in a large bowl or pan, add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Mix everything very well.
2. Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil, put the chopped zucchini.
3. Lubricate with sour cream or mayonnaise with any percentage of fat content.
4. Cut the tomato into thin plates, put on top of the zucchini. Salt to taste.
5. Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater. Send it on top of a fresh tomato.
6. Bake the dish in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for 30 minutes.
These are the zucchini in French! You can decorate the dish with fresh herbs on top.
Enjoy your meal!