Thick rich soup with beets is a national dish of many European cuisines. Each housewife has her own signature recipe and method of preparing this popular dish. Try to diversify the usual menu and cook fried borscht. This recipe will appeal to those who do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
The dish is prepared in a thick-walled pan or cauldron. You do not have to cook broth or dressing for a long time. Ingredients are put into the dishes in a certain order, fried until golden brown. After the contents of the pan are poured with hot water, boiled until tender. Broiler chicken or soft pork is best for the recipe. Vegetable set – standard for borscht. Tomato paste in the recipe can be replaced with thick homemade juice. When choosing sweet peppers, give preference to brightly colored vegetables.
- Water – 2 liters.
- Chicken – 400 g.
- Carrots – 110 g.
- Beets – 120 g.
- Cabbage – 250 g.
- Onion – 90 g.
- Sweet pepper – 70 g.
- Garlic – 10 g.
- Potatoes – 350 g.
- Tomato paste – 50 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 45 ml.
- Vegetable oil – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces.
2. Salt and pepper the bird.
3. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater, chop the onion with a knife.
4. Pour oil into a saucepan, heat it up. Put in the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown.
5. Add onions with carrots. Continue cooking until vegetables are translucent.
6. Grind the beets with a large grater. Remove seeds and entrails from sweet peppers. Cut into cubes. Cut the peeled garlic with a knife.
7. Put the prepared ingredients in a saucepan, continue to fry the vegetables for about four minutes over high heat with stirring.
8. Add diced potatoes, stir to combine. Heat the contents of the saucepan for another minute.
9. Add hot water from the kettle.
10. Enter tomato paste. Simmer the contents of the pot covered for 5 minutes.
11. Finely chop the cabbage and place in a bowl. Cook another 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, salt the dish to taste.
12. Divide borscht into portions. When serving, sprinkle the dish with herbs. You can supplement the serving of borscht with brown bread, sour cream, garlic and thinly sliced \u200b\u200bbacon.