Fried potatoes with honey is a very unusual dish that can be prepared without much effort on an ordinary weekday and on a festive table. In appearance, ready-made vegetables are very appetizing.
For cooking, tomato paste is used, but it can be replaced with ketchup. Garlic and honey are also added without fail. It is thanks to the second ingredient that the finished potato turns out to be original and unique in taste. In addition to the listed spices, you can safely add paprika, oregano and other ingredients.
- Potatoes – 2-3 pcs.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Honey – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Dried garlic – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Tomato paste – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml.
- Parsley – for serving.
1. Put the tomato paste in a deep bowl, add salt and ground garlic. Mix everything.
2. Thoroughly clean the potatoes, wash them, cut them into slices.
3. Put the cut slices into the prepared tomato sauce. Mix well.
4. Pour vegetable oil into the pan.
You can use olive oil.
Add the potatoes and sauté over moderate heat until cooked through.
5. Be sure to cover the pan with a lid. Check the readiness of the potatoes with a wooden skewer, it must be soft and completely fried inside.
6. Then put the fried potatoes on a dish, and put honey in the pan in which they were fried.
7. Squeeze the garlic there or chop it in another convenient way.
8. Now put the potato slices in the pan.
9. Fry them for literally another 2 minutes, reduce the fire on the stove to a minimum.
Serve the potatoes on a pretty platter topped with chopped parsley.
Enjoy your meal!