In Europe, garlic cream soup can be found on the menu of almost every national restaurant. Incredibly fragrant due to the added spices, with a delicate creamy garlic flavor, this soup is often served in bowls made from bread. It is prepared both in ordinary water and in meat, chicken or vegetable broth. It is not at all difficult to prepare such a soup at home, especially since the products for this are the most ordinary. Let’s take the necessary ingredients from the list.
- Onion – 100 g.
- Garlic – 30-40 g (1 medium head).
- Potatoes (peeled) – 100 g.
- Cream 33% fat – 100 ml.
- Refined vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Filtered water – 600-700 ml.
- Baton (for croutons) – 100-120 g.
- Salt, spices, herbs – to taste.
- Parmesan cheese for serving – 25-30 g.
How to cook:
1. Pour water into a saucepan, lay the chopped potatoes and send to the stove. Cook until done over medium heat.
2. We clean the onion, cut it into thin half rings and lightly sauté in vegetable oil until transparent.
3. Peel the garlic and cut into slices, pour into a pan with onions and cook over medium heat for another 4-7 minutes. During this time, the garlic will lose its sharp aroma and acquire a milder taste.
4. Bring the vegetables with constant stirring until slightly golden and remove from heat.
5. Remove the stewpan with cooked potatoes from the stove, add the onion and garlic and pour in the cream. The consistency depends on the amount of potatoes in the soup.
If you like thick soups, then take 2-3 medium-sized potatoes for this amount of water or broth.
6. We pierce the contents of the stewpan with a blender until a homogeneous smooth, creamy structure is obtained.
7. Now you need to season our garlic cream soup with salt and spices to your liking. We usually take a mixture of different peppers and generously add to the almost ready soup. Optionally, you can take a mixture of herbs, if you like.
Too thick soup can be diluted at this stage with boiled water or broth.
We return the saucepan to the stove and, on medium heat, while stirring, bring the soup to a boil, but do not boil! Turn off the stove and let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
8. At this time, slices of white bread are cut into cubes and dried in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
9. Pour the finished garlic cream soup into plates or bowls. Add mouth-watering crispy croutons, sprinkle with a little grated cheese and serve.