Today we offer to cook very tasty, lush garlic donuts from quick yeast dough. Such donuts are perfect for fragrant borscht instead of bread as an alternative to Ukrainian donuts. Some of the donuts can not be sprinkled with garlic dressing, but simply sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with tea or coffee.
- Milk – 100 ml.
- Filtered water – 100 ml.
- Chicken eggs – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Fast-acting yeast – 5 g.
- Vegetable oil for dough – 2 tbsp. l.
- Premium wheat flour – 350-400 g.
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves.
- Refined vegetable oil – for frying.
Cooking time: 60 minutes.
Servings Per Container: 4-5.
How to cook:
1. Prepare all the necessary products according to the recipe. Yeast must be taken fast-acting (instant) and always fresh. Check the expiration date on the packaging! On such yeast, the dough rises very quickly.
2. In a bowl, combine warm milk and water, egg, salt and sugar.
3. Pour in the oil and add part of the flour, about a third of the total mass. Stir everything until smooth.
4. Add some more flour with yeast and mix again until smooth with a regular fork.
5. Add the remaining flour and knead the uncooked dough. We collect it in a ball, put it in a bowl and cover with a clean towel. Leave in the warmest place to rise. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
6. After half an hour, our dough for garlic donuts will grow up like this. We take it out of the bowl and transfer it to the board. Lightly crush, sprinkling a little flour.
7. Divide the dough into pieces the size of a small chicken egg and roll them into balls. Leave on the board for 15 minutes, so that they increase slightly in volume. From above, it is desirable to cover the dough balls with cling film so that they do not wind up.
Before frying, we brush off excess flour from future donuts with a dry brush, otherwise it will quickly burn in oil and it will acquire an unpleasant taste and color.
8. Meanwhile, in a saucepan with a thick bottom, heat the refined vegetable oil until a light haze appears. Reduce the heat slightly and fry the donuts until golden brown on both sides.
Donuts should float in oil when frying, so the layer of deep-frying oil should be at least 3 centimeters. In this case, they will bake evenly and the crumb inside will not be raw.
9. Put the finished donuts on a plate with paper napkins to remove excess fat.
10. In a small bowl, mix a little vegetable oil and garlic passed through a press. We got a very fragrant garlic sauce. You can salt it a little, but this is not necessary.
Garlic donuts are ready. Serve them with dressing for borscht or soup.
If desired, you can put donuts on a common dish, sprinkle with any greens to your taste and pour garlic sauce, or you can serve the dressing separately in a small gravy bowl or bowl.
Donuts according to this recipe are very airy, with a ruddy crispy crust. Be sure to cook and delight your loved ones with homemade fragrant pastries.
Enjoy your meal!