The cuisine of the peoples of the North Caucasus is distinguished by a rich meat table combined with vegetables, spicy spices and a large number of aromatic herbs. This is due to the mountainous terrain on which these peoples live. The main industry in these parts is cattle breeding, and the local cuisine is lamb, beef and poultry dishes. Shish kebabs, kebab and khinkali have gained popularity all over the world.
Try the Kabardian dish gedlibzhe. The dish is prepared quickly and usually does not cause any difficulties. The authentic recipe uses a whole chicken, which is cut into portions. We have the opportunity to buy the same parts of the bird. Chicken drumsticks or thighs will do. The basis of the sauce is sour cream with a fat content of 21% or more with a slight sourness. In order for the sauce to turn out thick and fragrant, do not reduce the amount of onion. Gedlibzhe can be cooked in a cast iron pot, a thick-walled saucepan, or a skillet with high sides and a tight lid.
- Chicken thighs – 1 kg.
- Onion – 210 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Dried garlic – 3 g.
- Paprika – 5 g.
- Flour – 25 g.
- Water – 250 ml.
- Sour cream – 160 ml.
How to cook:
1. Cut the peeled onion into large half rings.
2. Wash chicken thighs, wipe. Salt and pepper the meat and let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Place the thighs in a dry, cold skillet, skin side up.
4. Fry until golden brown. The amount of fat released from the chicken is enough to cook the dish. Flip the thighs and continue to fry over medium heat.
5. Add prepared onion. Continue frying for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add garlic, paprika, reduce heat. Cook the dish under the lid for 8 minutes.
7. Prepare the sauce. Mix sour cream with flour.
8. Add water, mix until smooth.
9. Pour the sauce into the pan and simmer the chicken in the sauce for another 15 minutes.
10. Put the Gedlibzhe on a plate, pour over the sauce, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
The most tender meat in a thick sauce can be supplemented with any side dish or fresh flatbreads, which are dipped in a fragrant sauce. The dish can be reheated as needed.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.