On the eve of Defender of the Fatherland Day, we are all thinking and looking for something to please our men. Pleasant little things in the form of gifts and a festive table are the main traditional preparations for this day. And in order for our men to always protect us from life’s troubles, they need to be fed hearty and tasty.
All men love meat. Therefore, we will prepare a hot and hearty pork appetizer in the oven. General-style meat will appeal to colonels, majors, soldiers. And even non-military people will enjoy them with pleasure. For the recipe you will need soft fatty pork, best of all the neck. Do not trim excess fat. During the roasting process, less moisture will be released from the pork and the meat will turn out juicier. Choose spices and aromatic herbs to taste. In addition to onions and tomatoes, you can use any thinly sliced vegetables – potatoes, carrots or sweet peppers. For the recipe you will need hard cheese with a classic taste and high-quality mayonnaise with a fat content of 50%. It is best to bake meat in a ceramic form with sides.
- Pork – 350 g.
- Cheese – 110 g.
- Tomato – 130 g.
- Onion – 70 g.
- Parsley – 1 g.
- Mayonnaise – 30 g.
- Paprika – 30 g.
- Granulated garlic – 1 g.
- Khmeli-suneli – 1 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Wash the pork, pat dry in a towel. Cut the meat into three parts, beat each part with a hammer.
2. Salt the pork, sprinkle with pepper and spices. Rub these ingredients into each piece of meat.
3. Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil, lay out the pieces of meat. Lay thin onion rings on top.
4. Generously grease the onion with mayonnaise.
5. Cut tomatoes into slices, put on mayonnaise.
6. Cover the ceramic dish with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. Remove the dish from the oven, apply a mayonnaise net.
8. Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater and put on top of mayonnaise. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
The finished dish can be served in the form in which it was baked, or put on portioned plates. You can decorate the meat in a general way with cherry tomatoes, red hot pepper and parsley leaves. The pork is very tender and juicy.